Job Title: Senior Application Developer
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Level: Based on Experience
Start Date: ASAP
Will be working closely with the development team and CTO to assist in the architecture and development of LogicDS applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with development team members to help develop design specifications.
- Take direction from CTO on programming priorities and architecture.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Write and maintain technical specifications.
- Maintain Team Foundation Server for source control.
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Research and evaluate software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Design and code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code.
- Compile code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Create test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Install and tests programs at client site.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a programmer/analyst in a software or technology company
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Visual Studio
- Ability to build/create/design simple databases
- Experience developing tools using SDK’s
- Experience with SCCM (or other management technology infrastructure software like Ivanti)
- Experience with MDT Task Sequences
- Must have experience with desktop and server deployments
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations MCSE, MCSD or equivalent experience.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Location: Remote / Home Office Acceptable