Too often, a PC is left in a state of poor performance because the cost and pain of fixing it is just too high.
This is not the case with Swimage.
Typically within an hour, Swimage can remediate any OS issue, including:
- Eliminates shipping PCs just for reimaging.
- Allows home users to “self-migrate” — in-place or PC replacement.
- Allows for OS Migrations from anywhere, even completely outside the domain.
Swimage may be executed by the user with no technician involvement. It may also be pushed by the support desk through any remote software distribution program.
Swimage restores the operating system and only desired applications, while preserving all data and settings. The Swimage DataProtect Snapshot provides an additional layer of data protection for situations in which employees save their data in unconventional locations or formats.
Swimage keeps an updated copy of all of the necessary Swimage components for full recovery inside a localized cache so that a full recovery can occur anytime, even when the Internet/cloud is not available.
Additional benefits include:
- The PC performs faster and employees are happier and more productive
- Hidden and unknown malware is always removed with Swimage
- The company gets more life out of PC hardware because too often hardware is blamed for poor performance when the actual problem can be solved by reimaging the device with Swimage
Savings with Swimage:
Using Swimage for PC repairs saves a company hundreds of dollars per incident. This is due to savings in support technician time, user time, and PC shipping costs.
For example, let’s say a remote worker calls the support desk with a system that continually has a BSOD (blue screen of death). The PC repair process typically looks like this:
- The employee deals with issues for weeks before finally giving in and calling the support desk for help.
- One hour of troubleshooting by first-tier support before triaging to second-tier support.
- Two hours of second-tier support before determining that the OS is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt.
- A shipping label and a box are sent to the remote worker so that they can ship the PC in for repair.
- The old PC is boxed and shipped (the employee is without a PC until it’s fixed).
- The PC arrives at the PC repair center, where they perform the following:
- Analyze the device to find root cause.
- Manually review the applications that are installed.
- Copy all profile data from the device to a local share.
- Build a new PC and join it to the domain.
- Install the needed applications, either manually or scripted.
- Log in as the employee to build the profile and restore their data.
- Box the repaired PC and ship back to the employee.
- The employee receives the PC after 5 days and logs in for the first time. They spend the next several hours reconfiguring settings.
Now let’s look at the same scenario with Swimage:
- The employee begins seeing the BSOD and calls the support desk much sooner since they know that they are protected with Swimage and that the PC repair will be a simple one.
- Support desk instructs the employee to reimage their device at the end of the day.
- Employee finishes the day and starts the Swimage PC repair process.
- The employee logs back into the PC and finds that it’s running perfectly, all of their data is there, all of their applications are functioning, and all of their settings are preserved. No additional time is needed to reconfigure anything.
The savings in build technician time, user time, PC shipping costs, and PC shipping costs are significant.