Operating System Upgrade
Keep Windows current and well-managed
Upgrading the Operating System has traditionally been a challenge and a risk for most companies. Because of this, upgrades are typically delayed or completely avoided until the it’s time to replace the hardware. Windows 10/11 Feature Updates no longer require the entire system to be wiped in order to upgrade the operating system. Although this process is much easier than the traditional methods of upgrading an operating system, it does have some downsides:
- The process can be time consuming (2-3 hours).
- Errors in the process can break the system, making it unusable.
- The upgrade utilizes Microsoft’s base image, which means that you may lose many of your OS customizations and Windows features will be reset to Microsoft’s defaults.
- This process does not remove malware, bloatware, or any unwanted applications.
A Better Solution with Swimage
Swimage significantly improves this process by providing two primary options for OS upgrades:
1.) Rebuild the Operating System
- Faster process (completed in minutes)
- Full rollback capability
- Removes all malware, bloatware, or unwanted software and settings
- Improves the performance of the PC overall
- Ability to apply a customized OS image and ensures that the Microsoft defaults don’t get reapplied
2.) Apply the Feature Update
- Utilizes the Swimage workflow engine to ensure a successful patch
- Locks the system during a patch to prevent interruption
- Reapplies the custom template to add/remove applications and to reset any changes made by Microsoft to the OS features